5th IUPAP International Conference on Women in Physics


Last updated September 02nd, 2013

In order to find out if you will require a visa to enter Canada, refer to Government of Canada's Find out if you need a visa to enter Canada as a visitor page.

Information about the visa application process and processing times can be found online at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/tourist.asp

Contacts for Canadian embassies and consulates may be found on the Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada's Canadian Offices Abroad page.

If you need a visa to enter Canada, then we will issue an official invitation letter to you, which you will need in order to apply for the visa. In order to request the letter, please submit the following documentation:

  1. Your passport deails
  2. Your institutional postal address,
  3. Your institutional email address, and
  4. A letter or email from your team leader stating that you are a member of the Country Team.

This documentation is to be sent to icwip2014@wlu.ca with the subject line "Request for ICWIP-2014 visa invitation letter". The conference will be unable to process your request for a visa invitation letter if any of the documentation items are missing. If you require an official document, for funding purposes, stating that you will be travelling to Canada to attend ICWIP-2014, please send the request to icwip2014@wlu.ca. Please ensure that these  matters are dealt with as early as possible in order to allow sufficient time for unexpected difficulties or delays.